Frequently Asked Questions before contacting the Help Desk
If you or your employee do not have a real email address, please DO NOT create a fake one using @nomail.com or @fakemail.com. Please do create a fake email using either @gmail.com or @yahoo.com
For the training to work properly, use either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge on a computer. If you don’t have access to a computer and are taking the training on a mobile device, please download the Adobe Captivate Prime app via the App Store or Google Play Store. Do NOT use your mobile browser.
Please read below for answers to FAQs. Click each question to expand and see the answer.
Why can't I see the course(s) I need to take when I log in?
There are 2 main reasons for this:
1. Adobe needs more time to load the training. Log out, wait 15 minutes, then log back in to check for the training. If the training still isn’t in your account after 15 minutes, please open a new ticket with the Help Desk.
2. You aren’t correctly logged into your account. Click the profile icon in the upper right corner and make sure you’re logged into your account (not someone else’s).
Click your profile icon in the upper right corner to check that you’re logged into your own account.
If you are logged into someone else’s account:
1. Log out of their account
2. Log into your account with your email address and password
If you are logged into your account:
1. Log out. Go back to the instructions page and click on “Create New User Account Only”
A. Do not click on “Get an Adobe ID“
B. Type in your email address and password
My Training Course Seems "Stuck" on a Slide/Module and I Can't Continue - How Do I Fix This?
First, check the following:
Are you using a computer or laptop web browser? If yes, make sure you’re using Google Chrome browser or Microsoft Edge. Do NOT use Internet Explorer.
Are you using a shared computer or laptop that others have also taken their courses with? Check to make sure you’re logged into the correct account and not someone else’s. If you are logged into someone else’s account – log out, follow the corrective action steps to clear cookies/cache, and then log into your own account.
Are you using your phone or a mobile device? If yes, do NOT use your phone browser. Download the Adobe Captivate Prime app from the App Store or Google Play store and log in using your email/password.
Have you completed all required actions on the slide/module? Re-read the instructions and make sure you have clicked through or selected every available action item on the screen.
If your course is still stuck, follow the recommended corrective actions below:
Corrective Action: Clear cookies/cache from your browser
1. Please log out of Adobe and open a new tab to any other web page first. If you are on the Nestlé Purina page when you clear the cookies/cache, a new cookie will be placed on your computer immediately afterwards and this will not resolve the problem.
2. Use this link for instructions to clear cookies: How to clear cookies
3. Use either of these links for instructions to clear the cache: How to clear browser cache 1 or How to clear browser cache
Corrective Action: Use an Incognito Browser Window
Browsers have a Private mode that can help bypass any lingering cookies/cache issues that might be causing issues with your course. Try logging out of Adobe, clear the cookies/cache as directed above, and then open an incognito browser window to log in.
Edge click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Click “New InPrivate Window”
Chrome click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Click “New Incognito Window”
Corrective Action: Refresh the page
Sometimes simply refreshing the browser page “unsticks” the course to allow you to proceed past a slide.
Corrective Action: Try a Different Device
Using your phone? Try logging in with a laptop instead. Using a shared computer? Try logging in on your smartphone via the Adobe Captivate Prime app instead. Sometimes simply switching devices can clear up a stuck slide or module.
Tried all of the above but course is still stuck? Contact the Help Desk. Help Desk will be able to reset the course from the backend. We recommend trying all of the above options FIRST because Help Desk can only reset entire courses – not individual modules or slides.
How do I get a copy of my completion certificate?
Once you complete the online training, Adobe will provide you with a completion certificate. You need to show this certificate to Security to be allowed on the facility. To get a copy of your certificate, first log into your account. On the Home Page you will see a section titled “My Achievements” In that box click on “Certificates“
You can either download a PDF copy of the certificate or open the certificate and take a screenshot.
Click on “PDF” to download a copy.
How do I reset my password if my login isn't working?
Possible related error messages:
- “Adobe ID and password do not match. Please try again.” means you could be trying to sign in with a different email than you used to create the account. If you have more than one email address, try logging in with a different email address (for example, your work email address instead of your personal or vice versa).
- “An Adobe ID with this email already exists.” means you have created an account in the past using that email address.
- “No user found for the given AdobeID email in this account. Please link your adobeID to your prime account before logging in…..” means you have already created an account. Return to the instructions page and use the Enroll button to sign in.
Important Note: The Help Desk cannot reset passwords.
Corrective action: Reset Password using “Forgot Password”
1. Use the Forgot Password feature – Adobe will send you an email to reset your password. If you do not receive an email from Adobe, check your Spam folder.
2. If you used a fake email to create your account, you cannot reset your password. Create a new account using a different email address.
Corrective action: Check the spelling of your email
Refresh the page and try typing your email and password combination again. Remember that passwords are case-sensitive.
How do I take training if I don't have an email address?
Adobe requires an email address to create an account but you can use a fake email address. Keep in mind, you will NOT be able to reset your password if you forget it.
If you or your employee do not have a real email address, please DO NOT create a fake one using @nomail.com or @fakemail.com. Please do create a fake email address using either @gmail.com or @yahoo.com
I Already Registered for Courses - How Do I Sign In?
If you are a user returning to re-complete your required training, you do NOT need to register again. Login to your Adobe account with the email address and password that you created when you first completed the training. If you don’t remember your password, click “Forgot Password” to create a new one. If you used a fake email address to register and you cannot remember your password, you will have to register again using a new email address (see FAQ about resetting passwords for more info).
If you are a returning user, but need to complete a different site training, use the registration link for the facility that you need to complete training for. Login to your Adobe account with the email address and password that you created when you first completed the original training. If you don’t remember your password, click “Forgot Password” to create a new one. See the forgot password FAQ for more detailed information.
(Admins + Managers ONLY) How do I Check the Training Status of an Employee or Contractor?
The Learner Transcript report and Daily/Weekly Subscribed Reports are available to admins and managers only upon request. If you would like access to the learner transcript report, fill out this Google Form and the Help Desk will reply to you within 2 business days (M-F) to confirm you have been granted access. You will not be able to access this report without being added to a special role in the system via the backend first.
Subscribed reports provide automated daily or weekly ‘snapshots’ of learner progress. The Learner Transcript report provides real-time status updates for learners and their assigned contractor training courses. Use the subscribed reports to keep an overview of contractor training status; run the Learner Transcript report to verify the training status of a single contractor or a group of contractors before they enter the facility site.
After you have access, watch the below video tutorial. We strongly encourage you to take some time to learn the reporting features and customize the report outputs to meet your own specific needs. If you need additional training, contact the Help Desk to request a 1:1 training to discuss your specific questions about this feature.
How Do I Contact Support if I Tried the Above Solutions and I Still Need Help?
In your ticket, please include the following information:
- First and last name of user who needs help
- Email listed on the user’s account
- Which facility you are working with (Dunkirk, Mechanicsburg, etc.)
- Description of the specific problem (I.e. “need to reset password”)
- A phone number and best time to reach you, if you prefer we call you back
Please note that email is typically the fastest way to communicate with the Help Desk but if your ticket is related to time-sensitive required training for a contractor working on-site, please indicate “Urgent training request” in your message and give us the best phone number to reach you at. We will do our best to call you back that same day.
Please note that if you choose to open a ticket by calling the Help Desk number, you will be directed to leave a message. Please include all of the necessary information in your message and we will call you back within one business day.
Our Help Desk staff is available Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST. We’re a mighty but small team so we appreciate your patience as we do our best to respond to all tickets within one business day.